Frequently Asked Questions
1.How do I make payment for my unit trust purchases?*
- Via bank ATM/internet banking facility:
- Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS) – Lump Sum Payment
(preferred option); or
- GIRO, if you have applied for it. (Not applicable for Cash Management Accounts)
- Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS) – Lump Sum Payment
- Via cheque payment:
- • Send us a cheque with payee “Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL)”; or
- Drop the cheque into the designated cheque collection box on 6th floor @ Rafffles City Tower by 3pm for same day crediting. Any cheques deposited after 3pm will be processed on the next business day.
Note: Nets and Credit card payments are not accepted. Payment for trades cannot be made at any of the branches.
- Via Bank Internet Banking service:
- Make payment via the Bill Payment function –
- Participating banks: POSB/DBS, UOB, OCBC, MayBank, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank
- Simply enter the full 7 digits of your trading account number.
If your account has less than 7 digits, please enter the relevant number of zeros before your account number e.g. trading account
“12345” to be entered as “0012345”
Note: It usually takes 2-3 working days for us to receive your payment. For Citibank bill payment, it will take 5-7 working days.
- Make payment via the Bill Payment function –
- EPS – Lump Sum Payment should be done by 9pm on T (Transaction) day.
- For existing DBS/POSB GIRO applicants with Phillip Securities, deduction will be caried out on T + 1 day after 3.00 pm.
- Online Bill Payment via internet banking should be performed on T day.
- All cheques must be deposited at the designated cheque collection box latest by 3pm on T+2 day.
- Investment Account (Margin/Custodian/PCMA) clients should ensure that there are sufficient funds in their accounts before submitting orders.
- Before the use of CPF-OA money to trade, please ensure that a standing instruction with your CPF investment bank is signed and CPF Investment account Number submitted to Phillip Securities.
- Phillip Securities Pte Ltd reserve the right to force sell any outstanding purchases. Any losses incurred shall be borne by clients.
2.What are the Fees and Charges?
Apart from being high-tech, we also understand that some of our customers value high-touch. Thus, despite growing our online channel, we have also maintained our human channels to provide this service to those who need it. A sales charge may be levied as these face-to-face channels are able to give clients financial advisory services.
3.Can a CPF investment be converted into a Cash investment?
4.How do I transfer-in my holdings maintained with other distributors or banks?
Please note that we do not charge any transfer in fees.
5.How do I opt-in for SMART Park/Money Market Fund (Excess Funds Facility)?
Kindly follow this path to opt-in online:
Login -> Acct Mgmt (Account Management tab) -> Stocks tab -> Online Forms -> Excess Fund Authorization
Alternatively, you may contact your Financial Advisor or our call center at 6531 1555 for more assistance.
6.When will my unit trust orders be transacted?
7.Since price (NAV) displayed is for the last dealing date, what is the NAV on the date that I have transacted?
The NAV of a fund will be announced by the fund houses after 2 dealing days. Hence the NAV displayed is always back dated. The NAV at which you have transacted will be made known to you within 2 dealing days.
8.Who can invest in unit trusts?
- Above 18 years of age; and
- Non-U.S. Citizens and non-U.S. Residents
Is eligible to invest in unit trusts.
9.When will I receive my money after I have sold my unit trust holdings?
For CPF/SRS (IA Status) holdings, settlement will be T + 5 business days.
10.What is the meaning of (Acc) or (Dis) which is sometimes seen in the names of some funds?
Accumulation funds do not distribute dividends. Instead, all income and interest attributable to this Class will be accumulated and reflected in the price (NAV) of the units of the Class.
Distribution funds distribute dividends either by cash payout or by reinvesting back into the fund. For transactions with Phillip, where distributions are in the form of cash, they will be re-invested to the same fund by default. The dividends will be reinvested in the form of additional units in your relevant holdings. If you want to have the dividends paid out, please fill in this form.
11.Will I receive dividends?
Dividends that are issued in units will not be received in cash. In this situation, if you require a cash payout, you may sell some or all of these units depending on your requirements.
We have recently developed a new service which is a Dividend Model Portfolio. This is a portfolio of dividend paying funds and was put together by our research team.Dividend Model Portfolio
Note: The declaration of distribution is at the sole discretion of the Fund Manager and is not guaranteed.
Unit Trust RSP
1.What is a Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan (RSP)?
It adopts the concept of dollar cost averaging whereby more units are bought when prices are low and lesser units when prices are high. As a result, in times of fluctuating markets, the average cost for all the units can be lower than the average price during the same period.
2.How do I apply for Unit Trust RSP and when will my Unit Trust RSP be effective?
For online applications via POEMS, kindly follow these steps:
Login to POEMS > Acct Mgmt > Regular Savings Plan (RSP) > Unit Trust RSP > Investment Instruction > Apply Plan
For new Unit Trust RSP application, the plan will commence only when the GIRO Linkage Application has been received by Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL), and approved by the respective banks. For non-cash RSP, there must be CPFOA/SA/SRS details tagged to your account.
Note: Applications received will take up to 30 business days to come into effect.
3.How do I apply for GIRO?
4.How long will it take for my GIRO linkage to be approved?
5.How will I be informed of the status of my Unit Trust RSP GIRO application?
Additionally, you can login to POEMS to check your status via Acct Mgmt > Regular Savings Plan (RSP) > Unit Trust RSP > Investment Instruction.
6.How can I start my Unit Trust RSP while my GIRO linkage is pending for approval?
You can seek assistance from your servicing representative or visit any of our Phillip Investor Centres for the arrangement.
7.Is an initial investment required before I can subscribe to RSP?
8.When will the Unit Trust RSP investment amount be deducted?
Deduction details as follow:
- For Cash investment, money will be deducted from your bank account on T-3 day, depending on bank processing timeline
- For CPF/SRS investment, money will be deducted from your CPF account/SRS agent bank on T-1 day.
Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account before the deduction date (T-3) to prevent failed deductions.
A failed GIRO deduction fee may be imposed to your account by your bank. You may reach out to your bank should you require further clarification.
9.What will happen if I have insufficient money in my bank/CPF account for GIRO deductions for RSP?
- For Unit Trust RSP via cash, there will be no penalty. However, your Unit Trust RSP will be terminated after 3 consecutive months of unsuccessful deductions.
- For Unit Trust RSP via CPF, a penalty charge may be imposed by the CPF bank. Your Unit Trust RSP will be terminated after 3 consecutive months of unsuccessful deductions.
Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account before the deduction date (T-3) to prevent failed deduction.
A failed GIRO deduction fee may be imposed to your account by your bank. Please reach out to your bank should you require further clarification.
10.What will happen to my unit holdings after my Unit Trust RSP GIRO payments has have been stopped?
If your holdings are below the minimum holding amount or minimum units required by the Fund Manager, you will be requested to redeem your holdings. If you wish to retain your holdings in this case, you may purchase more units to fulfil the minimum holding amount or minimum units and continue your investment.
11.Can my Unit Trust RSP be settled in non-SGD currency?
12.What are the Sales Charges for Unit Trust RSP?
13.Is there any lock-in period for Unit Trust RSP?
14.How do I make amendments on my Unit Trust RSP?
- Amendment(s) via POEMS:
Login to POEMS > Acct Mgmt > Regular Savings Plan (RSP) > Unit Trust RSP >
Investment Instruction > Amend
Please note that amendment(s) made via POEMS will not be reflected immediately. The updated investment instruction will be reflected after it has been processed. Instructions received via POEMS will take up to 30 business days to come into effect.
- Amendment(s) via Physical Form
Kindly seek assistance from your Financial Adviser Representative or visit any of our Phillip Investor Centres to complete the form submission. Form submissions received will take up to 30 business days to come into effect.
Note: Some funds will require a minimum initial investment. For such funds, you must have lumpsum holdings prior to the application or amendment of the Unit Trust RSP. Otherwise, your application or amendment for the Unit Trust RSP may be rejected.
15.When will my Unit Trust RSP amendments and/or terminations be effective?
16.How can I terminate my Unit Trust RSP?
- Partial Termination (Amendment)
Partial termination of Unit Trust RSP is termed as Amendment. For amendment, you may submit online via POEMS 2.0/Mobile or physical form.
- Full termination
If you would like to have a full termination of all the Unit Trust RSPs, you are required to submit the physical termination form with the assistance from the respective Financial Adviser Representative or visit any of our Phillip Investor Centres.
All RSP amendments/terminations will take up to 30 business days to come into effect.
17.Will my Unit Trust RSP be terminated automatically when I make a full redemption of my holdings?
You will have to submit the amendment/termination via POEMS 2.0, Mobile or physical form after redemption as specified in Q.16.
All submission of RSP amendments/terminations will take up to 30 business days to come into effect.
18.What will happen if my Unit Trust RSP fund is temporarily suspended or closed to subscriptions?
If the fund has been suspended or closed to subscriptions indefinitely, your Unit Trust RSP will be terminated. Your existing holdings will remain unchanged unless the fund is to be closed.