Unit Trust Financing
Double Up* your Investment Portfolio
Maximize Your Investment Potential:
1. With no additional cash outlay*
2. Financing rates of:
Unit Trust Portfolio
SGD Financing Rates
≥ SGD 250,000
PSPL may at any time at its sole discretion change the interest rates set out based on prevailing interest rate environment and quality & concentration of securities in your portfolio.
3. Financing available for over 200 unit trusts (Marginable UT)
2 easy ways to use UT Financing:
Transfer your Marginable UT to buy more unit trusts.
– No additional cash required!
Deposit Cash to buy Marginable UT.
How much can I buy?
Example 2: Assume instead, that you would like to deposit $10,000. This allows you to purchase up to $20,000 Marginable UT.
How much do I pay for my borrowing?
Where can I find Marginable UT?
What are risks?
What is margin requirement and how does it work?
Margin Ratio is used to compute the amount of investment you can make using leverage and for the purpose of computing margin calls.
1 Collateral = Market value of unit trusts x 0.7 (Financing Factor for Grade B)
2 Ledger (Debit Balance) = the amount you borrowed to buy additional unit trusts
Where MR is ≥ 140% the account is deemed to be within a healthy range.
Where MR is 130% ≤ MR < 140%, client is not permitted to buy any additional Unit Trust using leverage even if he has available credit limit; client may sell his existing holdings to reduce his Debit Balance.
120% ≤ MR < 130% : Client is required to satisfy margin call within 3 market days including the date of notice to restore the MR to at least 130%.
MR < 120% : Client is required to satisfy force-selling call on the same day before 3:00 pm to restore the MR to at least 130%.
Terms and Conditions
- Financing factor is dependent on whether the collateral is Cash or marginable Unit Trusts. Financing is not available for non-marginable Unit Trusts.
- Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL) may at any time at its sole discretion change the interest rates set out based on prevailing interest rate environment and quality & concentration of securities in your portfolio.
- PSPL reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions without prior notification.
- The Transfer-In Promotion (“Promotion”) is opened to all existing and new customers.
- This promotion is only valid from 1st April to 30th June 2018 (“promotion period”), both dates inclusive.
- Clients will receive S$20 for every S$10,000 worth of unit trust holdings successfully transferred in and kept with PSPL in his/her account for a period of three (3) calendar months, and he/she will be eligible for the cash reward.
- Client’s transfer-in forms must reach PSPL during the promotion period to be eligible for this promotion.
- This offer is applicable for transfer-in of Cash holdings only.
- The maximum cash reward is S$1000 per individual investor for that year of promotion (“reward amount”).
- The reward amount is also limited to S$1000 for joint accounts for that year of promotion.
- If, however, the investor has both individual and joint accounts, only one account will be entitled to the reward amount.
- The reward amount will only be credited into an eligible Phillip Investment Account or Cash Management Account after the three (3) months period.
- Existing Unit Trust Investment account holder may return this form for a free conversion to Phillip Unit Trust Cash Management account.
- Existing unit trust holdings maintained with PSPL (including Regular Savings Plan) will not be considered.
- Transfer-in of unit trust holdings takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks to be completed
- PSPL’s decision on all matters relating to or in connection with the initiative is at our absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties.
- PSPL shall not be obliged to give any reason on any matter concerning the initiative and no correspondence or claims will be entertained.
- PSPL has the absolute right and discretion to determine whether the Eligible Customers have met all the requirements of the initiative.
- While all the information provided herein is believed to be reliable at the time and date of printing, PSPL makes no representation or warranty whether express or implied, and accepts no responsibility or liability for its completeness or accuracy.
This page is provided to you for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to purchase or sell any investment products mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation and any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of you acting based on this information.
Hypothetical examples used on the website are for illustration purposes. Past performance figures in the specific examples are not indicative of future performance. Investments are subject to investment risks. The risk of loss in margin trading can be substantial. You may sustain losses in excess of your initial funds and may be called upon to deposit additional margin funds at short notice. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your positions may be liquidated. You should also consider the finance costs involved in margin trading. The value of investments denominated in foreign currencies may diminish or increase due to changes in the rates of exchange.
Margin financing may not be suitable for clients whose investment objective is preservation of capital and/or whose risk tolerance is low. Clients are advised to read the Terms and Conditions of Margin Financing and Margin Information Sheet, which can be obtained by clicking here or from Phillip Securities Pte Ltd before undertaking transactions on margin.
You may wish to obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser, pursuant to a separate engagement, before making a commitment to purchase any of the investment products mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser, you should assess and consider whether the investment product is suitable for you before proceeding to invest and we do not offer any advice in this regard unless mandated to do so by way of a separate engagement.